How to use Universe RestrictionsEnter your desired restrictions in the box, or use the equation editor to build a restriction from the variables in your tagset. The Universe Restrictions can then be applied to either downloads or frequencies/tables created on this page.
- Any variables you use as restrictors must be in your tagset.
- If you want to use more than one operand (“AND” or “OR”), you must use parentheses. So, for a set of restrictions with two or more operands, write:
If your equation includes both “AND” and “OR”, you will want to apply the parentheses to the pair of variables that logically makes sense to achieve the desired result. If you have all “AND” or “OR” terms, you can put the parentheses around any pair of terms.
- R00001.00 = 1 OR (R00002.00 = 1 OR R00003.00 = 1)
- (R00001.00 = 1 AND R00002.00 = 1) OR R00003.00 = 1
- (R00001.00 = 1 AND R00002.00 = 1) OR (R00003.00 = 1 AND R00004.00 = 1)
- If you use the equation editor to construct your restrictors, make sure you click the “Add expression to above equation” button to add each restrictor to the whole equation.