A set of tutorials is available to guide you on how to approach NLS research projects, search for and extract data, and then program with NLS data.
- Variable Search Using the NLS Investigator
- Linking Roster Items Across Rounds (Example: NLSY97 Household Roster)
- Constructing Comparable Samples Across the NLSY79 and NLSY97 (Example: Constructing work status at age 20 for both samples)
- Matching Cohabiting Partners to Their Characteristics in the NLSY97
- Linking NLSY79 Mothers and Their Children. This tutorial explains how to use ID variables to link data on mothers in the NLSY79 cohort and children in the NLSY79 Child/Young Adult dataset.